Sunday, September 4, 2011

Derby


Many HATE them, but I happen to really like Derby blades, a great all-around bargain performer. They do well on my face with every DE razor I have tried them in:
Gillette Old Type
Gibbs OC Old Type knockoff
Flare Tip Super Speed
Slim Adjustable
Lord L6 Premium
Yuma

They also do VERY well in some of the pre-micromatic SE razors, using the half DE blade mod.
I do have one gripe with the full sized ones, though - the packaging - 20 stupid little plastic boxes per 100 blades. At least for the "profesyonel" half blades, the packaging is minimal, recyclable, and/or compostable. Why don't they do 100s of the full sized blades? My guess is that the plastic is locally produced recycled refuse, and probably cheaper than dirt, but if they dropped it they would have to use a hell of a lot less cardboard...

Maybe if enough enthusiasts contact them at derby@azmusebat.com we could get them to change their pollutin' ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment