Friday, September 9, 2011

Prep, Schmep!

I'm of the opinion that a lot of whimps and phags make a big deal about 'prep'. They put on some Yanni, light some aromatherapy candles, and go through a long and convoluted process of 'prep', in the hopeless attempt to steel their sissy selves for the blade. Give me a fucking break, people!

To the whole 'prep' issue I have 2 words - FACE LATHER. It's all the prep any man needs. I have found the results to be the same (great) even without a hot shower before the shave. It matters not how shitty and cheap your brush is - face lathering gets it done. If I'm coming out of the shower I'll do a minute on the face with the brush - if I'm coming 'dry' to the shave, maybe a couple of minutes.

It needs to be said, bowl lathering is great - if you're going to shave the fucking bowl! I scoff as you gently paint your sissy bowl lather on your delicate pantywaist skin using your $200 silvertip badger - please, that is shaving like a WO-MAN!

Seriously, if you need all these various scented candles, Wyndham Hill, potions, oils, creams, hot towels, fancy brushes/soaps/bowls/mugs/scuttles/razors/blades in order to get your fucking shave accomplished then G-d love you, but I will not!

2 comments:

  1. Destutt de tracy11 September, 2011

    Your post is certainly funny and i do like it but why don´t you think that using any kind of pre like proraso´s great pre shave product does not help that much? on the other hand, you have to bear in mind that face lathering takes more time and that breaks in the long run the brush (at least this is what i have heard). Lathering in a bowl is easier and you can ensure that the lather is what it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pal - I never said the potions and process don't work - of course they do, but it takes a lot of CA$H to play that game.

    For easy, effective and CHEAP, face-lathering cannot be beat! 2 minutes tops with Bestshave's cheapest horse brush is all the 'prep' that I need or want. I've used that $2.50 brush EVERY DAY since FEB, and it just keeps getting better, IMO.

    ReplyDelete