Monday, September 12, 2011

DE "Technique" convention destroyed

I think this guy may be on to something here - this may be the reason that a half DE blade lasts longer in a 1912 or 1924 shovelhead than a whole DE blade lasts in any DE razor you'd care to name - it's the efficiency of the cutting angle... Experience this earth-shattering thread from B&B for yourselves:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/249569-20-Shaves-from-a-Feather-Razor-%28!-%29

All hail the mighty internet, without which we may never have learned! Everybody needs to try this - NOW.

Fresh Derby. Gillette Slim on "7". I tried this press the head into the flesh technique and GAWDAYUM! It's fucking NUTS. It throws all the conventional wisdom on its ear. I knew it was going to be something great when I saw this technique did WAY more WTG than I had ever experienced with the Slim. After 3 passes my face SQUEAKED it was so smooth!

The efficiency of the razor was exponentially increased - and ZERO IRRITATION, NICKS OR WEEPERS. Get on it, men!

UPDATE:
This technique sadly did not do well with my non-Gillette TTO razors, but I gotta say that it adds a dimension of closeness/comfort to the TTO experience. Just one more reason why everybody should own a Super Speed, 40s or Flare, made by the millions and readily available in decent shape for $10

No comments:

Post a Comment