Tuesday, September 6, 2011

S. Doll Simple Razor








So I was waiting in line at Mekong Rainier in Seattle and saw a box of these right before the 1st checkstand, next to the ear spoons and the like.

Jesus! The shoddiness of this thing defies belief - a piece of pressed tin and a large carbon half DE blade. I refuse to believe this thing is made in Japan in spite of what it says. If anyone can help me out with the Kanji on the back, I would be interested. This "Simple Razor" is simply terrifying - qualitywise it makes the Ali Biyikli look like a gold-washed Solingen. Safetywise, it makes the Ali seem like a Gillette Tech - check the edge-on pic and feel your sack contract...

So I stropped the hell out of it in my jeans and did a WTG with the Doll, nice and easy, and to my surprise it worked pretty well, and no nicks, weepers or burn. Not bad for $1.50, performancewise.

If any of you are man enough to attempt a complete shave with one of these, I want to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment