Saturday, July 23, 2011

GEM Featherweight - FUGLY!





OK, it's pretty clear how GEM lost the razor supremacy battle - would you look at this thing? FUGLY! It looks like a fucking toy. The styling reminds me of Jim Morrison's quip about the Space Needle - "A 1920s vision of 20 years into the future" - something like that.

What were they thinking with the handle? There is no way it will ever look anything other than disgusting! Lots of people praise this head design, which is the same as the "Heavy Flat Top" or "G-Bar" but at least that model doesn't look like total SHIT. I tried it with a Treet that I stropped the livin' hell out of. Suspicions confirmed - I did 2 passes and was still so 'scritchy' that I finished with the '40s SS. The Featherweight is a good choice IF:
  1. you have no aesthetic sense
  2. you don't care about a face-turbation shave
  3. you are a candyass who is afraid of getting cut - no danger here
  4. you are even a bigger cheapskate than me - somebody will gladly give you one, maybe even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment