Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finally found the razor that scares me!




So I ordered some Yumas and brushes for my homies and figured I'd throw one of these in the mix. Well it was bound to happen - I managed to find a razor that I am actually afraid to use! It's a 'straight' that takes 1/2 DE blades, made in Turkey. Just getting a blade in it is pretty dangerous, big injury potential before it even gets anywhere near your face! Bestshave has a link to an instructional vid:

How to load a blade

No, it's really NOT quite as simple as that... It's in there good and tight and mostly even, but having that much exposure on a DE blade is pretty terrifying - just imagine what those blade corners could do - a whole new dimension of "gotcha". I'll get around to trying it, but today I'm more tempted by 'safer' options.

1 comment:

  1. i have the same one in cream white,my blade stay shorter(i use derby). Gives an exceptional shave.

    ReplyDelete