Monday, June 6, 2011

SOTD - WIN!


WTG with this user-grade but pretty nice "The Cranford" 9/16 full hollow, $12.50 on Ebay. My advice on getting straight razors on Ebay is to avoid all popular brands and get the seller to tell you in writing that there are no cracks. If it's cracked, it's fucked - you'll not hone that out - same goes for large chips. Avoid any chips - common sense, right? There was some pitting on the edge of this razor that honed out just fine. "finished" on the Chinese 12k 100 laps with water. Newspaper stropped 100 laps then 30 on a leather belt. I'm really liking this one. Damned learning curve! I'm looking forward to the day when I am skilled enough to finish a shave with a straight. For now, one damage free pass is enough for me.

XTG and ATG with a half Derby DE blade in the GEM 1912 - I can hardly stop fondling my face! The glassy smoothness!

No comments:

Post a Comment